Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
If you are searching for CNA training, Access Careers offers the finest CNA Program in Long Island.
Located with Campuses in Hempstead and Islandia for students in both Nassau and Suffolk County in Long Island.
Our schools offer hands on training to give you the knowledge and skills you need to be a competent CNA and successful member of the workforce as an employed well paid certified nursing assistant.
Why Access Careers?
- We have been training CNAs since 2004 and have our alumni working at almost all the nursing homes on Long Island. Quality instruction is something that we pride ourselves on. DON’T BE FOOLED BY CHEAP PRICES. You will end up being shorted on the quality of education that you paid for.
- We have excellent instructors that are licensed by NYSED
- State of the Art Skills Lab
- Unlimited skills practice at NO COST PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM
- We have four flexible class schedules
- We have convenient payment plans so you can pay as you go
- We assist our graduates with Job Placement
- Our passing rate/students can be seen on the public records of the NYS Nurse Aide Registry website.
The course is perfect for any individuals who are seeking to expand their skills and enter the medical industry. Certified nursing assistance play an important role when it comes to the needs of patients. If you have the desire to help people, a career as a nursing assistant might be for you. But, not only do you interact with patients, but you will work closely with nurses, doctors and administrators.
The Certified Nursing Assistant course at both locations of Access Careers in Hempstead, NY and Islandia, NY will prepare students for CNA careers in:
- Nursing Homes
- Retirement Communities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
This course will teach the prospective CNA everything they need to know to prepare them for a career as a certified nursing aide. In recent years, the healthcare industry has seen a growing demand for Certified Nursing Aides. There are now many job opportunities in the areas around Hempstead, Islandia and all across Long Island for Nurse Assistants.
Topics Covered In Our CNA Course On Long Island Include
- Personal Care
- Basic Nursing Skills
- Mental Health
- Social Service Needs
- Care of Residents
Certified Nursing Assistants are always in high demand, but in recent years the need for well trained CNA’s has increased. Students who complete our course have landed both full-time and part-time work in areas like Hempstead, New Hyde Park, Mineola, and West Hempstead. Receiving a CNA certification from an accredited institution such as Access Careers will give you a competitive edge with potential employers.
Steps in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant:
- Enroll in a Nursing Assistant Program at a NYS licensed school. Our school is also Accredited by COE.
- Complete your CNA program. (NY State requires 125 hours of training in order to graduate. Access Careers breaks this down into 95 clock hours or classroom training followed by 30 hours of internship hours at a RHCF. It is the student’s responsibility to give the school a completed physical that was performed within the last 6 months as a pre-requisite to attend the internship) ALL OUR INTERNSHIP SITES ARE LOCATED IN THE NASSAU & SUFFOLK COUNTY
- Prepare for your certification exam WHICH WILL BE HELD AT OUR SCHOOL. You’ll take this after graduation. Once you pass your exam you will be issued your NYS Certified Nursing Assistant License
- We will then assist you on finding employment
Commuting To Access Careers Training For Our CNA Course In Hempstead and Islandia Is Easy. Both Campuses have free private parking.
offer day, evening and weekend classes.
accept cash/credit/check and offer payment plans.