Physical Therapy Aide Program
Prerequisite: High school diploma or GED equivalent
The purpose of physical therapy is to restore loco-motor function to the human body through alleviating and correcting movement dysfunction. This comprehensive Physical Therapy Aide program will prepare you for the growing field of Physical Therapy. The Physical Therapy Aide is generally responsible for carrying out the non-technical duties of physical therapy, such as preparing treatment areas, ordering devices and supplies, and transporting patients working under the direction of the physical therapist. Physical Therapy Aides may be employed in nursing homes, hospitals, sports rehabilitation centers, and some orthopedic clinics. Upon successful completion of this program, you will be eligible to compete for a PTA position in the growing healthcare field.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in working as a Physical Therapy Aide (PTA)
- Medical assistants
Who Should Attend?
- General Orientation
- Basic Principles
- Strengthening and Exercise
- Ambulation and Gait
- Vital Signs
- Abbreviations and Medical Terminology
- The Total Hip Replacement Patient
- The Amputee Patient
- Spinal Cord Injury Patients
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Patient
- Cerebrovascular Accident (Stroke) Patient
- Lab Skills
You Will Learn:
- History and evolution of physical therapy; role of the PT aide in the rehabilitation team
- Ethical and legal issues affecting the physical therapy aide and parts and types of effective communication
- Abbreviations and medical terminology
- Anatomical position; structures of the musculoskeletal system and function of each (bones, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, muscles, joints)
- Basic anatomy and range of motion exercises
- Measuring vital signs; disorders of the circulatory system
- Types of physical therapy modalities including strengthening and exercise
Click Here to request a brochure.
physical therapy aide school, physical therapy aide course, physical therapy aide training, physical therapy aide program, physical therapy aide classes, physical therapy aid school, physical therapy aid course, physical therapy aid training, physical therapy aid program, physical therapy aid classes, pta school,pta course, pta training, pta program, pta classes